Welcome to the READ USA Data Portal!
Access all your READ USA Literacy Tutoring Program data here.
Together with READ USA, our dedicated teachers and tutors are closing the literacy gap in Duval County.
About the READ USA Literacy Tutoring Program Data Portal
READ USA’s partnership with Ohio State University has made this data portal possible.
The READ USA Data Portal provides real-time access for principals, teachers and other educators to Literacy Tutoring Program results and student performance and progress data. The portal has enabled READ USA to automate, organize and analyze weekly progress reports and pre- and post-program data for all students participating the Literacy Tutoring Program.
- See real-time performance of any school and any student, at any time, without waiting for reports to be developed manually.
- Review and analyze data for educators to make instructional decisions about individual students to tailor further interventions if necessary.
- Have clarity of what’s exactly happening in the Literacy Tutoring Program at your district, school, or classroom.
About READ USA
READ USA is laser focused on closing the literacy gap by opening pathways for children in under-resourced communities to help them become lifelong readers and learners. Founded in 2016 by an educator and community volunteer in Jacksonville, Fla., READ USA provides a research-based, multi-layered approach to solving the literacy crisis in our country. The four pillars of READ USA’s model include: Book Choice and Ownership, a Literacy Tutoring Program, Multicultural Literacy Programming and Literacy Professional Development for Educators. Combined, these four programs are moving the needle to achieve grade-level reading proficiency, starting in Duval County. For more information, visit www.readusainc.com.
Photo credit: Read USA
- between the ages of six and nine (inclusive)
- have or are at risk of having reading disabilities and are between the ages of 6 - 9 years old with unexpected difficulties with any of the following:
- accurate or fluent word recognition
- poor spelling and decoding abilities
- at a beginning reading level
Photo credit: Read USA
Tutors who participate are eligible to receive free graduate credit through The READ USA Site Coordinator
This opportunity is designed for tutors to learn how to use the READ USA literacy intervention. 4 cohorts of tutors will be funded: 2020-21, 2021-2022, 2022-23, and 2023-24.
- Train in Year 1: All eligible tutors will be accepted in Year 1, 2020-21, based on space in classes.
- Train in Years 2, 3 or 4: Eligible tutors will be accepted by lottery in 2021, 2022, 2023.
- Train after Year 4: Grant funding ends and participants pay
For more information about the program, contact us.
If interested in participating in these funded graduate courses and professional development, or if seeking additional information, contact Read USA, Ph.D. at read_usa or fill out your information below.